Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Message

We would like to share the following Christmas message with our friends and loved ones. It is taken from the First Presidency Message in the Friend. December 1972.

“When Jesus was born on that holy night long ago, our Heavenly Father’s love was showered upon the people of the earth. He sent His greatest of all gifts, His Only Begotten and Beloved Son, so that we all may someday return to our heavenly home. The best way we can show our love for Him is to live His teachings and to obey His commandments, for He said, ‘If ye love me, keep my commandments.’



At this special time of year may you feel the joy of Christmas, remembering Jesus as you see the lights of Christmas, as you sing the music of Christmas, and as you sense the hurry and busyness of Christmas. May love be mirrored in your hearts as you reach out and give of yourself with love to all those around you.”




We love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas.
Love, Elder and Sister Shumway

4 comments:

Arah Debra said...

Thanks for the beautiful Christmas message! I'll share this with the boys too!!

Unknown said...

Hey there, My name is Aubrey Harding Nielsen... Elder Harding is my brother! My mom sent me your blog address, and I am so glad that she did. It is great to see more of the mission that he is serving in! I was also happy to see a few pictures of him at Thanksgiving! (He always eats like that!) Good luck over there, and Thanks for making this blog! It helps us better appreciate what my brother is going through!

Lisa said...

Can't wait 'til we're all together next year!

lorene said...

Sister Shumway must have written that message as the Elder Shumway I knew was not capable of spirituality without a joke in the message. I know you guys are where you are supposed to be and that you shouldn't be thinking about worldly things but I hope you are not forgetting about October. I guess it is about time for the draw ( seating at conference of course)I want to be at your home speaking meeting. with all the family things going on in Utah this year I should already be in town Bill